Thread: Why is the main site so sluggish?

Why is the main site so sluggish?

Hi this is my first post and I would like to thank everyone who makes this awesome tool. But I registered mainly to complain about the response in loading the main page. There is no worst presentation for a server monitoring tool than a sluggish main page. It makes you wonder if this people know how to check servers. ;D

Shinken project leader

Re: Why is the main site so sluggish?

You means http://www.shinken-monitoring.org/? It run wells and quickly on my side.

<false reason>and yes I didn't put a website monitoring because it's too hard to install, look at the number of posts in this forum 8) </false reason>

<maybe a true reason>I just didn't took time for it. I prefer working on features in the last years, and now I'm starting the Enterprise version coding (200 full time job...). So make sure the community website running 24x7 is not my first priority. If you or someone want to check it and send me the notification, I'm ok </maybe a true reason>
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Site is slow for sure it takes 21 seconds to start to transfer data on the main page. It has been like this for a few days. Its not a big deal since the wiki/forms are working fine. Perhaps your wordpress db has some load issues? I also agree it creates a bad public image for the health of the project.

Code:
    ? curl -w "@curl-format.txt" -o /dev/null -s http://shinken-monitoring.org
          time_namelookup: 0.001
            time_connect: 0.148
          time_appconnect: 0.000
          time_pretransfer: 0.148
           time_redirect: 0.000
         time_starttransfer: 21.920
                  ----------
             time_total: 22.379

Shinken project leader

Hum... there is a huge difference between wordpress loggued user (as I always was) and public time indeed. When loggued it's quite immediate. When public it's fu%!ing LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. I don't think it's related to the mysql server that is running to nearly 0.01 load average. Maybe a wordpress plugin that is going wrong (like external get or something like this, because we always got 20s, it's not normal to have always teh same time, sounds like a timeout I think).

I hunt it. Hopefully the new website for the 2.0 (dev.shinken-monitoring.org) wont have such problems as I drop wordpress
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Bulletin is a website on which you can choose a special message that is given on website and work on their forums. You can choose essay have to manage your quality work. First, install it then work it properly. Register yourself if you want to work with them.