Thread: Integrate COLLECTD in WebUI

Integrate COLLECTD in WebUI

Hello,

I setted up Shinken 1.4 on a debian wheezy and I'd like to integrate collectd graphs into the WebUI interface. Could you help me by explain how it works?

At the moment I have done that :

COLLECTD

LoadModule rrdtool
    LoadModule rrdcached
    LoadPlugin unixsock

Collectd is working well for localhost at the moment.

SHINKEN

define module {
    module_name Collectd
    module_type collectd

host IP
    port 25826
    multicast False
    }

Arbiter-Master
    >> modules Collectd

receiver-1
    >> modules Collectd

In fact, I don't want to use pnp4nagios or graphite, I'd like to use passive monitoring using collectd client/server interface, but integrate simple graphs like ICMP response/Apache scoreboard/pinba/etc. directly into the WebUI. The main purpose is centralize all I need in one tool.

Is it possible?

Cheers,
    Quentin

Shinken project leader

Re: Integrate COLLECTD in WebUI

If you just want to look at the Collectd graphs, then it's not the Collectd module that you need, but to write a new graph backend for the WebUI (currently only PNP and Graphite are managed).

If you can easily output a graph URI from a couple hostname/service description, then such a backend is possible. Look at the PNP_UI and Grahite_ui module to see how it is working, it's quite easy
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Well, I'd like to look at the collectd graphs directly on the host/services Web_UI page.

PNP or Graphite creates there own rrd files using the checks-results of Shinken, whereas collectd is used as a client/server on my architecture, so according to what you said, I don't have any other choice than create a specific script to include collectd graphs into the webui

Shinken project leader

But isn't it collectd provide a GUI to show graphs? It also have a backend to save its data isn't it? If so, you don't have to save data, just give WebUI the URI of the graphs
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Sorry for the newbie question but where do I have to specify that URI? I mean .. which files?

Shinken project leader

Look at the PNP_UI and Graphite_UI modules, you can clone them and adapt it to the collectd UI URI. Take the PNP_UI, it's simpler than the Graphite one

[quote author=Ket1 link=topic=1025.msg5517#msg5517 date=1377158717]
    Sorry for the newbie question but where do I have to specify that URI? I mean .. which files?
    [/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform...rce_identifier