Thread: 1 Billion Euro Question : ACL Shinken in PnP

1 Billion Euro Question : ACL Shinken in PnP

Hi,

I'm still with publishing WebUI for customer (cf : see here)

I manage to restrict WebUI according to user rights (contact is in host/service definition = allow to see host)

BUT, i'm using PnP for graphing. Is there any way to restrict the access to PnP using Shiken ACL ?

Because, when a user clicks on "show more" he is redirected to PnP and he can browse all hosts there.

Can we ask WebUI to embed graph instead of using redirecting url ?

Re: 1 Billion Euro Question : ACL Shinken in PnP

The WebUi alreary embed a gaph doesn'it? Pnp ACL is done with apache if I remember well. I don't know if you can have an host granularity.
    If you don't like english and want some help with Shinken, feel free to register to the French Monitoring Community !

Indeed, WebUI embed the graph but using pnp url (or graphite url). That makes pnp url reachable from Client Side
    I wanted to know, instead of using pnp url, if we can make Webui (server side) get the image from pnp and embed it directly in the html generated : so that no need to make pnp reachable from client side.

I don't know if I'm clear enough :

And PNP have no host granularity, but can use Apache auth or even check_mk auth (in the latest version of pnp).

Oh ok i got it. You mean instead of printing href=blabla/pnp/..png write something similar but like /webui/..png.

This involves dowloading -> uploading the png actually. I'm afraid that this is really space consuming. You will get every graph for every request? ( As you change the time range it's just a nightmare)

I'm not very good in Apache, but maybe it's possible to "transfert" the access you granted from webui to pnp (or create cookies ?)
    If you don't like english and want some help with Shinken, feel free to register to the French Monitoring Community !

Shinken project leader

You can't currently. WebUI only add a link to PNP, there is no way to avoid this with the current webui and modules behavior sorry.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution