Thread: Interfaces problems linux-snmp VM

Interfaces problems linux-snmp VM

Hello,

I am confronted with two problems with shinken.
    Number one, all my servers are virtualized servers. Here I have a problem with linux servers.
    I use the linux-snmp pack and I have a problem with monitoring the interfaces of my vm.
    Indeed the script does not find my cards when I give the standard name (eg: eth0, eth1 etc) but finds them with the name "VMware VMXNET3 Ethernet Controller". Already, there is a problem at this level.
    As a result, the script gives me crazy errors on the bandwidths of these interfaces (of the order of (67578974.98 MBits / s). Have you an idea?

Then, second thing, I would like to name my hosts with dashes (example: HU-VIGE).
    But when I restart shinken to take into account new hosts, the service refuses to start due to bad configurations of the hosts file.
    Can we escape the "-" character?

Thank you very much in advance.

Nico

Linux is a kernel, not the OS. So saying you have got Linux does not assist not help much. Professional Coursework Writing Service It relies upon on what distribution of GNU/Linux you've got. I only say this due to the fact many human beings will do simply what you've got finished and say Linux sucks after the most effective attempted one distro (no telling what distro that became).