Thread: Shinken discovery running on Windows ...

Shinken discovery running on Windows ...

I tried to run nmap discovery on Shinken running on a Windows host, but I found that the Shinken-discovery.py script did not produce any results despite I installed nmap for Windows from http://nmap.org/download.html and that I was able to run nmap scanner on my LAN !

I tried to understand what was happenning and I found that the nmap_discovery_runner.py was not far from being able to run on Windows ... launching "sudo nmap ..." on Windows is not possible ! And then I made some small modifications in the script for it be compatible with Linux and Windows. You will find my new script attached to this post ... hope it may help !

Best regards, Fred

Shinken project leader

Re: Shinken discovery running on Windows ...

Thanks I'll give a look and commit if ok
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Wether ok or not, I am interested in your feedback ... it is almost my first coding experience with Python ;-)

If your are interested, I always made some modifications in the WebUI for a Worldmap plugin that I found in the source code because I wanted to have a google map with my host status ... I do not know who started coding this plugin, you ?

BR, Fred

Shinken project leader

It is a good patch, congrats

The only thing that hurt was the format. It's was in "windows" format for end of lines, with ^M every where. Please switch to a true editor like notepad++ that will manage it like it should.

For worldmap, I'm interested to know what you push in it, I quick start it, but I never found time to finish it
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Shinken project leader

By the way : the patch is commited, and your are now on the THANKS file

Hi naparuba
    thanks for the thanks list ...

For the editor, I am already using Notepad++ ... I checked in the Options/Preferences but I did not found any option to handle Unix/Windows file formats ... any idea ?

For the worldmap plugin, you will find my version attached. Moreover, I added a Worldmap menu in the main header to access this view easily.

As you will see in the capture files (inside attached zip file), I still have a problem with the google maps : the map's controls (zoom, ...) and the map's infowindow are not displayed correctly. One picture is from another application : all controls are shown correctly. And one picture is from the Worldmap plugin ... the upper left controls and the info window are not well presented. Probably, you had this problem too ... it should be a problem with the Bottle server ? Or with WebUI stylesheets ?

BR, Fred

PS: sorry for image size ... but there are limitations for size of attached files.

Shinken project leader

I don't know for notepad+++, maybe give a try to notepad2?

For the worldmap I'll try to give a look when I can. So I don't forget it, can you post it on github? I remember that I got problem with this view, but it was in the CSS/javascript part as far as I can remember