Thread: Developing a new UI based in pure php

Developing a new UI based in pure php

I wanted to know how difficult it is to develop a new web UI based on php. Basically - i want to develop a module in a content management system such as Joomla. Is this undertaking possible? if so how - can some one share some thoughts and directions?

thanks
    sid

Shinken project leader

Re: Developing a new UI based in pure php

Hi,

yes it's possible. The best way is to use LiveStatus as data backend.

But I got one question before : why do a new one? There are quite plenty of them available, even in PHP. It can consume lot of time to create a new one, maybe it will be faster to just code a module for an existing one
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

can you pls point me in that direction to use live status backend via php or even writing a module to extract from the web?

Shinken project leader

Hi,

Just look at the original LiveStatus website, you will find plenty of samples about it : http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_livestatus.html
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Thanks.
    One more issue. I was able to build the server part quite easily from git. I could even get the client (1.4) up.
    What need to be deployed on agent side: standard Nagios plugin would just work out of the box?
    I would prefer shinken agent plugin too. Any chance we can accomplish this easily?

to generate RRD, mongodb, the agent has to run right? I was thinking, since i installed the server ( the vm on which the shinken server is installed also would be monitored automatically. It just showson the UI, but not the charts since i dont see anything under rrd folder.

Please correct me if i am making an obvious mistake.

Shinken project leader

You can use nagios plugins, there is no specific shinken plugins.

For rrds, you need a perfdata module, like pnp4nagios maybe.