Thread: Error : [SnmpBooster] Reading datasource file error: `join() take

Error : [SnmpBooster] Reading datasource file error: `join() take

Hi there,

I have these error messages in the logs.

[1368784417] Error : [SnmpBooster] Reading datasource file error: `join() takes exactly one argument (2 given)'
    [1368784417] Error : [SnmpBooster] Datasource not found in your hard disk and in memcached

If I request a service recheck, it logs "Host not found"

Can anybody help me ? I'd like to use SnmpBooster with gendevconfig. I followed the instructions, but I can't get it to work.

Re: Error : [SnmpBooster] Reading datasource file error: `join() take

Somehow it started to work, but now I have more than 1000 memcached ?listener? (netstat -anp | grep memcached | wc -l), and now the GUI says: Host not found in memcache

Anybody ?

Administrator

Hello,

I suspect one of the Defauls.xxxx files has a bad configuration. I will add some statements so that it easier to identify which DS (datasource) or OID (snmp object identifier) is causing trouble.

You can just remove all except the base, cisco and avaya templates which I am sure work fine. I will run a test with all templates to see which one is causing trouble.

Host not found means that the Scheduler or poller cannot find a host which should have been put in memcached by the arbiter. If you restart memcached, you *have* to restart the arbiter, or else your host and service keys will not be there. I will also add that to the wiki.

Cheers.

xkilian

Hello xkilian,

Thanks for the fast reply!

Another thing:
    SNMP Request error: Invalid sub-ID in (1, 3, 6, 1, 4, 1, 9, 3, 6, 6, -1) at ObjectName

This is the result for example an if.GigabitEthernet1_2_10 of a Cisco C6504E switch. I don't understand because the Cisco SNMP object navigator says that's a processorRam object, which contains the "Bytes of RAM available to CPU.", and the status is "deprecated".

Do you have any idea ? I made the config with the gendevconfig.

Administrator

Hello,

I have put a pull request to the snmp_poller.py repository with a couple of extra logger calls.

These should indicate which file is failing to load, if it is related to a bad .ini file. If the pull request is not merged you can look at the diff in github and apply the same.

When I tested I seemed to have a couple of bad ini files, the errors did show up in the logs. But pulling a new clone from genDevConfig master, has a good set of ini files. If not the arbiter will bail out and tell you about a bad configuration.

The error about the Invalid sub-ID, simply means that your device does not support that OID, so it must be excluded for 6500s. This OID is not valid for chassis with slots. You can simply create a new DS_TEMPLATE for 6500s and remove processorRam from the list of OIDs to poll in the Defaults_plugin_cisco.ini. Then you can modify the file generated by genDevConfig and change the chassis service DS_Template name to the new name. Hope that all makes sense for you.