Thread: SnmpBooster no data retrieved

SnmpBooster no data retrieved

Hello,

i just installed SnmpBooster,

it seems to be installed and functionnal;

Code:
    schedulerd.log.2013-04-23:2013-04-23 17:26:00,322 [1366730760] Info :  [SnmpBooster] Get a snmp poller module for plugin SnmpBooster
    schedulerd.log.2013-04-23:2013-04-23 17:26:00,323 [1366730760] Info :  Trying to init module: SnmpBooster
    schedulerd.log.2013-04-23:2013-04-23 17:26:00,323 [1366730760] Info :  [SnmpBooster] Initialization of the SNMP Booster 1.0
    schedulerd.log.2013-04-23:2013-04-23 17:26:00,715 [1366730760] Info :  I correctly loaded the modules: [PickleRetention,SnmpBooster]
    in shinken WebUI,

services are OK but they don't provide data,

for exemple :

Code:
    if.GigabitEthernet1_2 OK15h 57m FROM CACHE: GigabitEthernet1_2: ifInErrors: 0.00 - in: 0.00Mbps - out: 0.00Mbps - ifOutErrors: 0.00

device seems to be recognised well, it's a Brocade Router; (Brocade bought Foundry for network equipements so i guess Foundry = Brocade) but i think problem might come from device template ?

device is Brocade NetIron CER

Code:
    define service {
      host_name      Ly1-RT-01
      service_description chassis
      display_name     chassis.Foundry - Foundry-Generic
      _display_order    999
      _dstemplate     Chassis-Foundry-Generic
      _inst        0
      notes        Brocade NetIron CER, IronWare Version V5.4.0aT183 Compiled on Sep 12 2012 at 17:42:07 labeled as V5.4.00a<BR>sysLocation: MMR<BR>sysContact: support@-----.com
      use         default-snmp-template
      register       1
    }
    even service inherited from generic template :

Code:
    define service {
      host_name      RT-01
      service_description if.GigabitEthernet1_3
      service_dependencies ,chassis
      display_name     GigabitEthernet1_3 Description: cogent1000.0 MBits/s ethernetCsmacd
      _display_order    897
      _ds_max       1000000000
      _ds_max_octets    125000000
      _dstemplate     standard-interface-hc
      _inst        map(interface-name,GigabitEthernet1_3)
      _snmp_version    2c
      notes        *************
      use         default-snmp-template
      register       1
    }

Administrator

Re: SnmpBooster no data retrieved

Please check run a packet capture and open it with wireshark.

In the filter section:

snmp

It will show you if your server is communicating with the remote device and if it is actually returning data. If the data returned is all data, you might need to check your device documentation or MIB to see if the correct MIB is being polled. Then it is only a matter of updating the OIDs in the INI formatted templates. (The Defaults.foundry.ini file)

Otherwise you can enable debugging on the scheduler and poller, and simply grep/filter for SnmpBooster messages and see what it could be complaining about. They are all contain the keyword [SnmpBooster].

Have you installed the dependencies and started your memached process?

Cheers,

xkilian

ok i did wireshark the stuff,

i see the getbulkrequest going and the get-response comming back with oid and values.

so i guess i have to work on a brocade template...

Administrator

You are saying that the data it gets back are 0s. Hmm..

For interface stats, these are standard MIB-II, all devices should support this. It could be that your device does not support MIB-II 64 bit counters and that they implemented in a non standard MIB for it. That would be assbackwards, but hey, nothing suprises me with SNMP implementations. Makes you wonder if they always put students in charge of MIBs and supervision...

If you create a new ds template, you will have to also modify gendevconfig so that it recognizes these newer devices. There is documentation on acktomic.com site (a word document) on how to develop/modify genDevConfig it is very straighforward. The INI templates should be fairly self-explanatory.

Cheers,

xkilian

There is bad news for the people due to the absence of the news in the monitoring of perfection. The retrieval of the data and successful resumes review is assumed for the fragile aims for the sentiments. The program is settled for the shaped out images or the sequences in the mode of the true picture in this phase of the monitoring in this smart blog of the data.