Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Services Notifications

Re: Services Notifications

Yes I have installed redis and memcached

Shinken project leader

Can you try to desactivate them ?
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

I have desactived them. It's better because

What I don't understand is why when in the templates.cfg I don't give the notification inverval I have an email every hour. And when I gave a notification_interval like 60, it's 60 minutes and not hour. Is there anywhere a possibility to fix it ? Or to say : I want the time notification to be in hour not in minutes ?
    I have try a new install of shinken in a new virtual machine. And I have the problem...

Shinken project leader

Hi,

This parameter is in minutes, in fact in interval_length parameter that is in second and is set by default to 60 (so one minute).

The error is in the templates.cfg file, I should not have put the notification_interval to 1 by default, nobody want notification each minute, it was stupid. Change it to 1440, it's far more efficient, and for both hosts and services templates.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Ok it seems to work. Thanks again for the help
    Nevertheless, I have one question is it possible to just have one notification for the host/service down and one notification for the recovery with no notification interval. In some case, this could be interesting.

PS : is there a possibility to have the IP address of the machine directly in the web interface ?

Shinken project leader

Hi,

Yes, just put 0 as notification interval, and be sure that the 'r' option is available in both host/service and contact notification options

And Ok, I'll add the address in it (the hostadress configured in fact).

Thanks a lot