Thread: Apache_passwd [RESOLVED]

Apache_passwd [RESOLVED]

Hi,

I need some help to configure my webui authentication.
    I'd like to do some Apache htpasswd auth, but the only auth I get is the one from the contacts.cfg file. If a username is in the contacts.cfg it can login even without a password (bad stuff)...
    On my shinken-specific.cfg , I only ask to load the Apache_passwd module and specify the absolute path to the htpasswd.users file. The file itself is owned by shinken, and group readable too.
    From the brokerd logs I get this :
    Code:
    2011-10-20 12:03:32,546 [1319105012] Warning in importing module : No module named org.shinken_monitoring.tsca

2011-10-20 12:03:32,547 [1319105012] Warning in importing module : No module named ldap

2011-10-20 12:03:32,549 [1319105012] Warning in importing module : No module named org.shinkenmonitoring.broker

2011-10-20 12:03:32,549 [1319105012] Error : the module Apache_passwd raised an exception 'Module' object has no attribute 'passwd', I remove it!

2011-10-20 12:03:32,550 [1319105012] Back trace of this remove : Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/shinken/modulesmanager.py", line 158, in get_instances
      inst = module.get_instance(mod_conf)
     File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/shinken/modules/passwd_ui.py", line 41, in get_instance
      instance = Passwd_Webui(plugin)
     File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/shinken/modules/passwd_ui.py", line 48, in __init__
      self.passwd = modconf.passwd
    AttributeError: 'Module' object has no attribute 'passwd'
    Now that's odd... browsing the sources did not give me anything more ... I presume I miss some python modules but cannot figure out which one.

I'm on this : Debian Squeeze - Linux xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 7 21:35:22 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

From the logs, I can also see that some modules are missing, is this something important to consider or some kind of non-blocking woes ?

--
    Alex

Shinken project leader

Re: Apache_passwd

Hi,

I think you are missing the passwd property for this module. Can you give me your Apache_passwd module definition in shinken-specific.cfg file?

Thanks,

Jean
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Of course, here it is :

Code:
    define module{
        module_name   Apache_passwd
        module_type   passwd_webui

# WARNING : put the full PATH for this value!
        passwd_file       /etc/shinken/htpasswd.users

}
    Apart pointing the path to the right place, I did not add anything else.

Thanks to take some time for answering me.

Shinken project leader

Hi,

The parameter is passwd, not passwd_file
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Right ! I feel like a moron
    I'm wondering from where I got passwd_file instead of passwd...

If I may, I've got another question related to the webui... when I'm looking at the webgl view, I got nothing, only black. On the other hand, on your demo server it is working all right.
    Missing dependencies ? Some configuration to do ? Me being stupid again ?

Thanks a lot Jean !

--
    Alex

Shinken project leader

Hi,

For the black screen, in fact the 3D view is only showing the same "elements" that the impacts page, so if you didn't configure some service with business_impact > 2, ther will be nothing in this page (and in /impacts too).

For the demo, the ERP service just got a business_impact 5, so it got a huge importance, and a lot of stars on it

Jean

Things are getting clearer and clearer thank you !

And congrats for this really good software !!!

--
    Alex

Shinken project leader

Re: Apache_passwd [RESOLVED]

Thanks