Thread: NSCA hosts autoregistration

NSCA hosts autoregistration

Good time of day.
    to monitoring systems I meets just a couple of times before, but mostly it was the monitoring of network devices.
    Now try to find a agent based monitoring with features:
    *Agents connect to the server by login \ password and enter the group
    *agent must be multi-platform linux \ windows
    *in the agent configuration must be able to specify which host params to monitor
    *registration of agents on the server should take place without human intervention
    *agents must send statistics to monitor the status of services, CPU, RAM and etc. over time, but when values became critical sent to the server immediately
    *agents can execute scripts vbs, sh and WMI queries

If someone has suggestions on the possible expense of a monitoring system?

the closest to that list came up Pandora FMS, as well as looking at the NSCA

Thanks in advance for your answers

Shinken project leader

Re: NSCA hosts autoregistration

Hi,

I don't know about such agent right now. Looks like a mixed between a check_mk with Puppet registration thing, but a out of the box perfect agent like that, I don't thing there is one (maybe one day, what you describe should be perfect, so one day it should be done ).
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Thanks for quick reply!
    maybe in the next version of shinken will be auto-registration of passive hosts?

This can be proposal in the project future development

offtopic
    downloaded virtualbox appliance but get error starting vm on Ubuntu 11.04, vbox 4.0.4, on windows host vm starts normal.
    Also one suggestion: i think its better to setup eth to bridged mode with obtain address with dhcp in virtual appliance downloads

Shinken project leader

Hi thanks for the tips

For the auto-registration, I think we will have to get a "perfect agent" one day, and if we must wrote it, we will do
    I think the auto-registration is an important part, with on system discovery capabilities. Maybe not for the 1.0 (end of the year) but maybe soon after ;D
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

This agent would be Awesome :-X

Just an idea maybe stupid

How about extending Fusion Inventory Agent (the integration between GLPI and Shinken is already strong) with NRPE / NSCA / WS_Arbiter module ?

Administrator

There is already a module for integrating with GLPI (with supports fusion inventory).

I want a facility with Shinken that lets us review metrics/states coming from new hosts or new services and be able to review them and have an interface to add them.

This should be a module for skonf. And in the core a way to aggregate all the messages and send them to skonf. Everything is there to do it, just time...

xkilian