Thread: shinken start error user unknown

shinken start error user unknown

Hi,
    I 've installed shinken by following the book "linux magazine hors-serie" and i can't start shinken. I've got just basic knowledge about linux and i don't know where the problem is. Can someone help me ?
    here are my config:
    ubuntu 12.04 install in virtualbox (.vmdk)
    shinken installed with an other user => SKUSER=toto ./install -i
    plugin installed with SKUSER=toto SKGROUP=toto ./install -p pluginname

The log said :

uid or gid is none

and i saw in a log file that the user and group shinken is unknown thus i think the problem is here. If i undestand, why when i'm installing shinken with an other user, i need to have the user shinken ?

I've check the forum but I don't find the answer.

Shinken project leader

Re: shinken start error user unknown

Hum yes, you can create the shinken user before. I think the install will set configuation files to toto, but won't create it (or create only shinken and not toto). Launch an "id shinken" and see if the user is ok. If not, create it (command useradd)
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

how can I launch an id shinken ?

the command to create is : useradd shinken ? should i create a group shinken ?

Shinken project leader

id is a command. Please look at a basic linux shell tutorial, will never be a time lost
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

I've launch the shinken id then I 've got an error thus I create the user shinken (group shinken was already created) and I've launch again the shinken id.
    All commands return a true answer but i still can't start the shinken service. For the moment I'm stopping to work with this virtual machine.