Thread: Widget worries

Widget worries

Hi.
    I'm looking into monitoring tools for my company. I'd prefer to use a Linux server but my company is fixated on Windows.

I've just installed 1.2.2 from Veosoft's site to a Windows 7 machine. Early days - its reading a few local out-of-the-box parameters ok.

Problem - the dashboard "add a new widget" appears to do nothing at all. I've tried IE 9, latest Firefox and latest Opera. Is there something I need to install or enable to get widgets?

Any clues welcomed.
    Steve.

Re: Widget worries

Hello,
    thx for your report, could you please fill an issue at the following url : https://github.com/naparuba/shinken/issues?state=open

please specify the full envirnoment (os, version,architecture,memory,diskspace) and version of shinken installer.
    if you know how to have access to log file please provide them (obfuscate sensible data if needed).
    Describe every single steps so we can reproduce the problem (if possible provide screenshots).

David

Thanks for replying David.

It doesnt seem to be my environment. I've now seen the widgets work ok by using a different method of install.

On the veosoft download site (http://www.veosoft.net/downloads/default-en.html) there are two methods of installing to windows:
    1. Compressed file to install the 1.2.2 version by script.
    2. Windows Setup - Binaries.

Using method 1 - widgets are available. But you cant poll local parameters (load, memory, etc).
    Using method 2 - widgets are not available. But you can poll local parameters.

I'll log this as an issue to the url you gave me.

Hi,

Same problem here, my conf :
    VM Win2K3 SP1 EN / 1GB RAM (500MB available)

framework .net 3.5
    ShinkenSetup12Extended.exe
    Python-2.7.3.msi
    pywin32-217.win32-oy2.7.exe
    pymongo-2.4.win32-py2.7.exe
    mongodb-win32-i386-2.2.2
    strawberry-perl-5.16.2.1-32bit.msi

Python et perl installed on C: (2gigs available after install)
    Shinken installed on G: (2gigs available after install and database creation)

Totof

Administrator

On a side note:

You should use Activestate Perl instead of Strawberry. There are issues with Strawberry Perl and CheckWMI+.

Cheers,

xkilian

thank you very much, that's what I was actually trying !!!

Yoga is the best exercise to alleviate muscles and emotional well-being simultaneously I presume. Mice work has been finished by site. Individuals who need to do yoga at home can counsel this site and can have their tangle in their own gallery.