Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Discovering interfaces to monitor on a router/switch

Administrator

Re: Discovering interfaces to monitor on a router/switch

A new version of SnmpBooster has been posted.

It has more debug statements.

Also note that the latest version changes the module configuration statement, because the datasource can be a file or a directory :

datasource_file /path/to/shinken/etc/SNMP/Defaults_unified.ini

To:
    datasource /path/to/shinken/etc/SNMP/

Please, use the new version of SnmpBooster and set your poller to debug level. Take a wireshark trace and send me both your poller log (filter for SnmpBooster) and the trace file to the mail adress I sent you via forum private mail.

The developer and I will analyze the results and provide corrective action if necessary.

Thank you,

xkilian

Administrator

Okay, I have corrected the bug that was causing SnmpBooster to crash silently when the trying to initialize polling.

There are more debug statements for you to get. Once you have run this, it will make it easier for us to solve the issue.

Sorry for taking so long. I had not tested my collegues last rushed commits (He is busy on another project).

So now you and anyone else can use it. Grr. for the last week, it has been non functional for every brave soul who wanted to try it... *sigh*

xkilian

Hi there,
    tested your patch and it is working nicely! Thank you

I'm running with debugs on so that we can iron out that bug that was hitting me before.

It might be that we don't face that bug anymore as I updated my remote poller to same Python version (using virtualenv). If the bug doesn't show up in next days I think we can ignore it for now.

Thanks once more!

Administrator

Great news!

I think this will become mandatory for Shinken servers. We currently recommend doing this, by I think it will be enforced at startup. There have been too many odd problems that can't be explained and that go away when using the same version. This is most certainly due to the PYRO, which is a protocol to execute code remotely and pass objects around. It is not an interface like a message queue, though even those suffer from compatibility issues.

If it does work, I will get to the Junos plugin and make sure it has all the bells and whistles. ;-)

Keep me posted.

xkilian