Thread: Bad display in "Business View"

Bad display in "Business View"

Hi,

I've installed shinken (1.2), Thruk (1.48, debian package). I define a bp_rule like this one :
    "check_command bp_rule!v-srv1,imaps & v-srv1,Imap & v-srv1,smtp & (v-srv2,Https | v-srv3,Https)"

On shinken WebUI, I see all the services (the 5 that I define) when i click on Show dependency Tree in the Impact Tab : Ok
    On Business View in Thruk, I just see 3 services. I tested many other combination for the bp_rule. The result is the same : just 3 are displayed : Bad :-(.

I think that i miss something but what ? Have you an idea ?

Thanks a lot per advance.
    Regards

Re: Bad display in "Business View"

Hi,

I find how to "resolve" my problem but I dont't like my solution.
    The "problem" (if this is a problem...) come from /usr/share/plugins/plugins-available/shinken_features/lib/Thruk/Controller/shinken_features.pm
    The $level=6 with my config (to view all the result, I modify the line 405 : return -1 if $level > 8. What is exactly that variable and how / where is it implement.
    I've asked also the question on the thruk Google groups and Sven (Nierlein) respond that he doesn't know why the max recursion level is set to 3. He modify the module and set it to 10.
    Has someone an explanation about the value and the implementation of $level ?
    Thank for the response
    Regards.

Yann

Shinken project leader

Re: Bad display in "Business View"

Because unlimited value make the output unreadable, we should put a limit. 3 sounds like a good value at this time.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution