Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connection with the poller broken - services up

Re: Connection with the poller broken - services up

Hi naparuba,

I have set shinken to debug with config from my last post and checked the poller-debug.log. Seems that the scheduler doesn't send the configuration to the poller-1(the one tagged with None):
    [...]
    Info : Successfully changed to workdir: /var/lib/shinken
    Info : opening pid file: /var/run/shinken/pollerd.pid /var/run/shinken/pollerd.pid
    Warning : stale pidfile exists (no or invalid or unreadable content). Reusing it.
    Info : Initializing Pyro connection with host:0.0.0.0 port:7771 ssl:False
    Using the local log file '/var/log/shinken/pollerd.log'
    Info : Redirecting stdout and stderr as necessary..
    Info : We are now fully daemonized pid=7568
    modulemanager file /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/shinken/modulesmanager.pyc
    modulemanager absolute file /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/shinken/modulesmanager.pyc
    Using modules path : /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/shinken/modules
    Waiting for initial configuration
    .................................................1 340262905 DBG: the arbiter ask me what I manage. It's {}
    [..]
    ...1340262965 DBG: the arbiter ask me what I manage. It's {}
    [...]
    As you can see instead of "..Info : [poller] Sending us a configuration {'arbiters': {}, 'global': {'poller_name': u'poller-1 [...]" I am getting only lots of ............. So my question now is that is it really my Shinken spare configuration good ?

Did anyone successfully used spares or it's a "work in progress" feature ? Thanks !

i see that you use loopback address : localhost. This is bad ! you must declare real ip so replace every localhost by the real server ip

then i do not understand your atchitecture. You have two pollers (tagged) that should check two differents sites and you declare one spare of the other. That should not work. if you want to specialize poller and still have HA for each of them you must declare at least one active AND one spare for each site ! But maybe i missunderstood your needs.

[quote author=dguenault link=topic=421.msg2404#msg2404 date=1340345111]
    i see that you use loopback address : localhost. This is bad ! you must declare real ip so replace every localhost by the real server ip
    [/quote]
    I am using localhost for the local poller because it is in the same machine as the other daemons so I guess communication should work ok. Only poller-2 is in another domain and for it I am using the it's hostname/IP.
    then i do not understand your atchitecture. You have two pollers (tagged) that should check two differents sites and you declare one spare of the other. That should not work. if you want to specialize poller and still have HA for each of them you must declare at least one active AND one spare for each site ! But maybe i missunderstood your needs.
    I have tagged the way I pasted as suggested by naparuba in the previous comments. Can you please explain in more detail what is wrong ?

ping ...