Thread: skonf UI

Administrator

skonf UI

Is it expected that skonf will be a standalone configuration interface or is it tightly integrated with the WebUI.

Will there be any problems using skonf with a UI like Thruk or Multisite? Can skonf be embedded into those interfaces?

Will there be a configuration API for automating the loading of many hosts?

Thank you, I really look forward to testing skonf.

X

Shinken project leader

Re: skonf UI

Hi,

So :
    * yes, it's a standalone UI. The goal is to provide "modules" to link it to others UI, like WebUI or others, so you can "jump" to the visualization UI. From now only the webui module is ok.
    * No problem with others UI. It's a pure configuration UI, so there will be no such things that will block Thruk or Multisite. (It's not like Centreon for example)
    * Yes from now there is already a URI for pushing objects, but it need to have a cookie (ajax inside) but I'm planning to put an "key" so you can just call this URI with curl for example and the good key to push
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Administrator

Re: skonf UI

Thank you Nap.

We will be giving it a try in August, when we test an upgrade to the latest stable version.

Right now the guys have a stable build with some private fixes and enhancements. In the mean time, I hope by that time we will have a stable 1.2 release. :-)

I wish you the best at the Linux forum in Paris.