Thread: Install shinken on windows vista

Install shinken on windows vista

Hello,

I would like install shinken on windows Vista, but I can't install.

I follow the instructions, I take the Shinken Package and I uncompress it in "c".
    Then I take the files instsrv.exe, srvany.exe and sc.exe from the directory of the ressource kit and I put them in the directory “c:\shinken\windows”. And I specify that the file SC.exe is not on file. So I downloaded another website

Then double click in all reg file in the directory (one for each service) so service parameters will be correcly populated.

Launch the batch “c:\shinken\windows\install-all.bat” to declare all services need by Shinken :

I see the services in services.msc. it's Ok

But When I start the services it's doesn't work.

Maybe I do a mistake.

Please I need some help

Thank you for your answer

Vivi

Shinken project leader

Re: Install shinken on windows vista

Can you launch regedit and look at the keys : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\Shinken-Arbiter and see if there is a Parameter entry with some keys too in it?

If not, re-import the *.reg files.

you can also look if you got Python2.6 in c:\Python26. If you got Python2.7, you will need to change the reg files with the good value (a patch in in progress for detecting this).

If it's still no good, we will have to launch the daemons on a cmd to see what is the problem.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Hello,

Thank you, for you help. I change python 26 in python 27 and now the services work well.

But now I don't know how install the plugins Nagios.

Could you tell me how does works.

Thank you for your answer

Vivi

I think you cant install the "original" nagios on a Windows system without any workaround. The "orginal" nagios plugins are designed for Linux / *nix systems.

If I'm wrong pls correct me

Shinken project leader

Hi,

Yes, it won't be easy for nagios plugins on a windows box indeed. Try to look on google for nagios-plugins + windows, you should find some already compiled binaries.

We are working on some native windows plugins so it will be easy for windows users to start without try to find some cygwin compiled binaries. :-X
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Hello,

Thank you for informations (link forum nagios)

I found link where there are plugins for windows.

It's : http://philippelucas.free.fr/downloa...or_windows.zip