Thread: no-importance host notification not sent, but services are

no-importance host notification not sent, but services are

Maby it's just wrong understanding of how things work..

I have defined a host (let's say for example a print server), which is checked simply by check_ping.

This print server has http service (from default installation /packs/network/services/http), which of course uses generic-service as template.

I thought that if I set the host as no-importance (on this host template definition I have notification enabled = 0), the same rule will apply to services of that host.

Because if some host is not important, and I don't want to know if it goes down, it seems logical that I also don't want to know about services on this host.
    Am I right?
    Or, if I'm wrong, is there some option on host definition to turn off services notification also?
    I will give example configuration when I'll be at my monitoring server.

Shinken project leader

Re: no-importance host notification not sent, but services are

Services will inherit this parameter only if it's not set in one of their templates. Look at generic-service, I think the parameter is set at 1. If so, comment the line
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Shinken is a part of bulletin, it is the most grossing website for post forums in detail. Here they provide help me write my thesis easily. It has various forums available on website as well. Their forum is about not important hot notification, etc.

Shin ken is a part of the bulletin, it is the working website on post forums in detail. You can join their website by getting registration. I suggest you buy baby shower favors at a low price easily. Join their website for registration and involvement in threads.

Here they provide help me write my thesis easily. It has various forums available on the website as well. You can join their website by getting registration. You can get Web development frameworks from us easily. Join their website for registration and involvement in threads. This is very useful.