Thread: Nagmap

Nagmap

Hi,
    I'm wondering if we could try to integrate nagmap and may be rename it, into te new webui. Like it's done in Ninja or Zenoss.
    It's something I stumbled upon a few weeks ago.
    At the time, it was more a POC than a real tool. (search for nagmap in nagios exchange)
    Basically, it read info from a nagios host.cfg (searched for the field notes), and status from the status.dat file. If the field notes contains the coordinates, then, the host is displayed statically in google map.

I've :
    • [li]added a bit of ajax so the map refreshes itself[/li]
      [li]replaced the need for host.cfg and status.dat by livestatuts. It works with both Nagios and Shinken[/li]
      [li]added a few variables for more customisation[/li]

Technically, it's a bit of php, and the Google maps javascript API.
    More can be done : size and colors of links depending on status the interfaces, and bitrates
    The popup can display any html code you want, I've decided to display the ping graph from PNP, but it can be anything

Re: Nagmap

But the same could be done without Google, using openlayers and openstreemaps
    http://www.openlayers.org/dev/exampl...ext-layer.html

+1 for openstreemaps

Shinken project leader

You mean fork it and put in the webui? But the license will not be ok with Affero gpl, and it's in PHP, not in Python so it can't be just included.

There is a solution for just doing a webui module to open maps from the webui. But I think doing something similar can be quite ok in the Webui itself, I know someone that tell me about something similar for webui and planned to work on it in the future. If I'm not wrong, the openstreepmaps page access are quite easy to integrate isn't it? We already got all data we want in the WebUI itself, so should be quite quick to do it, especially if we can reuse your js code
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Recently I read an interesting story about a psychologist who was caught in an interesting situation but frustrating situation. Now you can take resumewriters reviews to manage your unique task easily, which of course sounds fantastic And this is exceptional.