Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] Notification problem

Administrator

Re: Notification problem

Code:
    shinken-0.6.5.tar.gz	23-Jun-2011 10:29	4.9M
    If he downloaded this version, it must be fixed isn't it? Hope that the GIT version will work

I downloaded and installed shinken 0.6.5 (not the trunk version) from GIT and the problem is still here :'(

Are you able to reproduce the bug with version 0.6.5 ?

Shinken project leader

Hi,

So it's an "Ú" problem? Can you give me more lines about the reactionner.log entry so I can see where the bug is?
    Can you also look at you /etc/init.d/shinken file for the line below :
    export LANG=en_US.UTF8

Because such character should not raised an unicode error, all output are converted to UTF8 output, not ascii by default, but maybe this change got a flaw somewhere and the log will help us to see where it breacks. Thanks.

I'll also try your check and see how the reactionner react.

No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Shinken project leader

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the problem on an automatic test. Can you look at the LANG export, and also give us the output of an :
    echo $LANG
    There can be such problem if your server is in Fr locales instead of US ones.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

naparuba, I send you a MP !

Some good... and bad news...

The locale en_US_UTF-8 wasn't compiled on the server, so I compiled the new locale. I think it's the only things I've done to make it work (I tried a lot of things).
    The good news is that mail are send. The bad news is that in Thruk interface, the problem still remain :
    Service notification and alert history are not logged and availability report and service state trend are wrong :'(
    Is this problem is a Shinken problem or a Thuk problem ?

Shinken project leader

Hi,

Ok for the en_US.UTF8 locales. I'll add such a verification to raise a warning that it's very dangerous to run Shinken without them.

For service notification, you mean that in a service page for example there is no "Last Notification" entry? Or is it just in the reporting pages?

I think images are more appropriate to communicate

If you need, I can post the same screen capture when using a service which a service that does not return accents

Thanks again for your help

Shinken project leader

Hi,

Sounds like an error in the sqlite database log inserting. Can you set the LiveStatus module in debug mode (enable debug /tmp/mydebugfile.debug in the LiveStatus definition, in shinken-specific.cfg file). I think the "Ú" character got a problem in sqlite inserting (a sqlite database manage the logs for LiveStatus, and an UTF8 character can be a problem maybe).

I'll try to reproduce it

Jean