Thread: Temporary downtime comments are not delted

Temporary downtime comments are not delted

Hi , after I issue a downtime for a specific service a new comment is added with "Persistent no" attribute. After the downtime is finished, I'm expecting that the comment should be deleted automatically because it is not persistent but currently it is not. Does anyone observed the same problem ? Thanks !

Shinken project leader

Re: Temporary downtime comments are not delted

If I'm not wrong, persistant is for "keep after reboot". You can try to restart your arbiter and see if the comment is still there
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

When setting a downtime, there is no explicit "persistant" flag. The core adds a comment with "Persistent=no" and "Type=Scheduled Downtime". Anyway,
    the persistent flag should not make a difference for downtime comments and the comment should be deleted when the downtime stops.

Shinken project leader

But then how can you see why there was a downtime the day D the last month if the comment is deleted? Maybe the logs got this data, but parse logs for this will be a nightmare
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

When you look in the past to see if there was a downtime, you have to look at the log anyway and then you would see the comment. And as long as the downtime exists, the comment is there too. Keeping Comments for every downtime wouldn't increase the readability it just creates another "logfile" and hides the real comments.

Shinken project leader

Yep, quite true

I'll have a look at this so

@naparuba: Any news ?

Shinken project leader

Hi, sorry, I'm quite busy with the new skonf UI this time, but I keep it for before 1.2