Thread: No graphs in Thruk

No graphs in Thruk

I seem to have problems getting the pnp graphs to show up in thruk. See also http://www.shinken-monitoring.org/fo...pic,301.0.html

- NPCMOD is activated in the modules, and npcd is running
    - I have the graphs showing up in the shinken web interface just fine
    - in thruk: no graphs are shown, not even the link to them, also the action_url field is empty when I look at the config for the service

Versions: shinken 1.0.1, thruk 1.22
    Any hints?

Re: No graphs in Thruk

You need to tell livestatus where it has to look for perfdata files (= subdirectories which are named like hosts and <service*>.xml and __HOST__.xml inside them).
    In the module definition you set the attribute pnp_path like this:
    Code:
    define module{
      module_name   Livestatus
      module_type   livestatus
      host       *
      port       6557
      socket      /omd/sites/sh101/tmp/run/live
      modules     mongologs
      pnp_path     /omd/sites/sh101/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata
    }
    In this example, /omd/sites/sh101/var/pnp4nagios/perfdata is the directory which holds the host-subdirectories.

Gerhard

I resolved it (in my case) by adding the "action_url" parameter to the services where wanted.
    Are you saying that this is not needed when I use pnp_path in the module, even with thruk possibly running on another server?
    Is there a doc somewhere with all these options explained per module? I searched the wiki and did not find the parameter pnp_path for the livestatus module, but I did see it in the python code.

The pnp_path parameter was copied from the mk-livestatus. It is used in the pnp_graph_present attributes for hosts and services. I think it is used only for the multisite gui. It shows a little graph-icon when the livestatus-module detects there is a rrd file (of course this works only if the livestatus broker runs on the same machine as the npcd) . Thruk probably goes another way. It does not check if there is really a rrd file, it trusts the action_url.

Gerhard

[quote author=lausser link=topic=318.msg2103#msg2103 date=1336424071]
    The pnp_path parameter was copied from the mk-livestatus. It is used in the pnp_graph_present attributes for hosts and services. I think it is used only for the multisite gui. It shows a little graph-icon
    [/quote]

Hi
    anybody has this feature working with multisite + shinken??? I was crazy trying to get it and was impossible. I see ok any pnpgraph into service or host details at Multisite web UI, but when I try to see little icon and graph on mouse over it, I only get a little text with de call to function "render_pnp_graph(....)"

if you have this working, can help me, please?