Thread: multiple modules pnp

multiple modules pnp

Hi, can i declare multiple npcd modules to send perf data to 2 servers ?

Re: multiple modules pnp

ok, my question is nonsense.

Here is the thing. We are building a cluster, using the spare functionalities of shinken.

But about PNP ?
    Here is what is think of :

having 2 alive brokers for PNP and log purposes. One on the master, one one the slave.
    On each, we have PNP, with the same configurations.

Both brokers have the same exact config as well.

This way, I hope the perf datas will be sent to both alive brokers. Will they ?

Shinken project leader

From now a scehduler can only got one actie broker in the same time. If you got N schedulers you can have at max N brokers, but they will not "cross work". I'm working on an extension of this model, I think it will be at the realm level (do do not break the ones that work in this mode currently).

The goal will be to have a server for LiveStatus and another for PNP for example, or 2 PNP (slave with rrd is mybe not a good solution, Graphite can be better there, so the PNP/Graphite branch is very interesting here ).

So : not now, but soon
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

ok Thx.

It seems that graphite can relay metrics to several storage severs. I'll try that.

Shinken project leader

Yes. I think it's THE graphite feature. I hope the PNP/Graphite branch will give us the best of the two worlds with strong performances and HA, and the already done templates for PNP
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution