Thread: [RESOLVED] Mixing check_interval

[RESOLVED] Mixing check_interval

Hi,

Is it possible to mix check_intervals within the same realm ?
    For example, I have 2 switches and 5 servers inside a realm, I'd like to check (just ping for the moment) the servers every 5 mn and the switches every 30 mn.

I tried to add check_interval into the host definition thinking that it will "override" the check_interval defined in shinken-specific.cfg but it failed (not restarting, errors in /tmp : "host conf is incorrect" )
    Browsing through the docs, I only find stuff for nagios (adding check_interval into host def, which is obviously not working).

Shinken project leader

Re: Mixing check_interval

Oh I think you don't understand the shinken-specific.cfg conf. It's not about "hosts in the realm" configuration at all, it's just about daemons. For the host definition, it's the classic templates taht you need to change (or directly your host definition).

The check_interval in shinken-specific.cfg is only to know when to ping() daemons. That's all
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Re: Mixing check_interval

Ok, now I understand. I had syntax errors in my host conf and that's why I thought it had something to do with shinken-specific.cfg. (Stupid me)

Sorry to bother with such silly questions...it's a lot of work to deploy this and sometimes my mind is just stuck on some BS like this.

Thanks nap.

Shinken project leader

Re: [RESOLVED] Mixing check_interval

You're welcome
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution