Thread: Some issue with the nmap_discovery_runner.py

Some issue with the nmap_discovery_runner.py

Hello,

I'm currently trying to perform a shinken-discovery but when I try to use nmap_discovery_runny.py -t localhost I have this error :
    Code:
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py -t localhost
    Got our target ['localhost']
    propose a tmppath /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Launching command, sudo nmap localhost -sU -sS --min-rate 1000 --max-retries 0 -T4 -O -oX /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Try to communicate
    Got it !
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py:356: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions.  Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
      if ios:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py", line 361, in <module>
        cls = ios.find('osmatch').findall('osclass')
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
    I don't know much about Python, so I haven't tried lot of thing but I tried to launch the nmap's command that the script should launch and it works.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to approach solving this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by DO3B View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently trying to perform a shinken-discovery but when I try to use nmap_discovery_runny.py -t localhost I have this error :
    Code:
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py -t localhost
    Got our target ['localhost']
    propose a tmppath /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Launching command, sudo nmap localhost -sU -sS --min-rate 1000 --max-retries 0 -T4 -O -oX /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Try to communicate
    Got it !
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py:356: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions.  Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
      if ios:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py", line 361, in <module>
        cls = ios.find('osmatch').findall('osclass')
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
    I don't know much about Python, so I haven't tried lot of thing but I tried to launch the nmap's command that the script should launch and it works. RomsPlanet

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to approach solving this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help
    was this one resolved? any updates?