Thread: Some issue with the nmap_discovery_runner.py

Hybrid View

Some issue with the nmap_discovery_runner.py

Hello,

I'm currently trying to perform a shinken-discovery but when I try to use nmap_discovery_runny.py -t localhost I have this error :
    Code:
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py -t localhost
    Got our target ['localhost']
    propose a tmppath /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Launching command, sudo nmap localhost -sU -sS --min-rate 1000 --max-retries 0 -T4 -O -oX /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Try to communicate
    Got it !
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py:356: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions.  Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
      if ios:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py", line 361, in <module>
        cls = ios.find('osmatch').findall('osclass')
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
    I don't know much about Python, so I haven't tried lot of thing but I tried to launch the nmap's command that the script should launch and it works.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to approach solving this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by DO3B View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently trying to perform a shinken-discovery but when I try to use nmap_discovery_runny.py -t localhost I have this error :
    Code:
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py -t localhost
    Got our target ['localhost']
    propose a tmppath /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Launching command, sudo nmap localhost -sU -sS --min-rate 1000 --max-retries 0 -T4 -O -oX /tmp/tmpv9EDjW
    Try to communicate
    Got it !
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py:356: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions.  Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
      if ios:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/var/lib/shinken/libexec/discovery/nmap_discovery_runner.py", line 361, in <module>
        cls = ios.find('osmatch').findall('osclass')
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findall'
    I don't know much about Python, so I haven't tried lot of thing but I tried to launch the nmap's command that the script should launch and it works. RomsPlanet

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to approach solving this problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help
    was this one resolved? any updates?

Shinken is to give users a flexible architecture for their monitoring system that is designed to scale to large environments. They provide college paper writing service to understudies to solve their task easily. There are many blogs and posts are there on this website.