Thread: webui2 404 error when opening /dashboard/currently

Question webui2 404 error when opening /dashboard/currently

Shinken noob, sorry, so this is probably something daft.

I followed the 10 minute install, on Debian Wheezy, and got the original webui up and running, but couldn't get SQLitedb working (constantly giving the "you don't have a database" configured error). But this post isn't about that.

I thought I might have better luck using webui2, so I followed the install instructions, configuring mongodb along the way, and it seemed to work! No errors about missing database config.

However, when I click the "eye" icon (eyecon?) for the "currently" dashboard, I get a 404 error. This dashboard worked on the old webui.

I also tried to do the "expert install" procedure for webui2, by downloading the webui2 branch archive, but that just broke it completely!

Any hints would be appreciated

For Webui2, what do you mean with "broken"? An error message on your browser ? Some errors in brokerd.log ?

Without any clues it will be impossible to help ...

Please excuse typo's as I'm soothing this on my phone.

Sorry, I should have said. It range responding at all but I suspect that it might be the same problem as others have been having with debian jessie - it did eventually begin responding after about 10 minutes. I tried upping the number of daemon threads and that seemed to make it take less time to become responsive. As is been suggested that jessie might be the problem, I think I'll try rebuilding with debian wheezy and see where that takes me...
    Last edited by andydj; 02-22-2016 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Another correction wheezy->jessie

Resolution: working on Debian 7 (wheezy). However, it seems that there is a significant delay between the init script completing and the web interface becoming available - I might have been too impatient initially (used to Nagios which is available immediately after a service restart).

Now to get it working with Check_MK and PNP4Nagios and compare with Graphite.