Thread: Email notifications not being sent

Question Email notifications not being sent

Hello!
    I recently installed Shinken (on a debian 7 virtual machine) and just want to perform some basic ping checks. I managed to get it to the point where everything is working fine in shinken webui. The problem I am facing is that emails are not leaving the Shinken machine because of the malformed sender address "shinken@shinken". Its driving me crazy as I can't find where to set the FROM email address.
    The command that generates notification:
    Code:
    /var/lib/shinken/libexec/notify_by_email.py -n host -S localhost -r me@receiver.com -f txt -c "PROBLEM,,problemhost,,10.5.6.7,,Fri 30 Oct 23:54:59 EDT 2015" -o "problemhost,,DOWN,,31h 04m 59s"
    Postque -p returns this:
    Code:
    mail.receiver.com[123.32.13.34] said: 450 4.1.8 <shinken@shinken>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found (in reply to RCPT TO command))
    Thank you for your answer and keep on the good work!

Jernej

This workaround helped to get my email notifications working: http://semi-legitimate.com/blog/item...ess-in-postfix

Hi

I have same problem, Host Notification is getting logged in Scheduler "please find below is the same" but not receiving any mail.

[1449648495] HOST NOTIFICATION: admin;dlink;DOWN;notify-host-by-email;PING CRITICAL - Packet loss = 100%

[1449648497] WARNING: [Shinken] The notification command '/var/lib/shinken/libexec/notify_by_email.py -n host -S localhost -r deepak.m@onze.in -f html -c "PROBLEM,,dlink,,192.168.2.2,,Wed 09 Dec 13:38:15 IST 2015"" -o ""DOWN,,01h 44m 59s"' raised an error (exit code=1): 'Traceback (most recent call last):'

Some one please help.

Thank you in advance

Can some one please help me out with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    Can some one please help me out with this issue.
    Hi deepak. Did you solve the issue? Maybe you missed the installation of the html module:
    Code:
    pip install html