Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Activate shinken in omdistro?

Shinken project leader

Re: Activate shinken in omdistro?

I don't really know where it can come from. The execution launch are very "standard", so I don't know why check_mk is not happy. In most case, it is doing flat file read, so 10s is very high. Can you look with an iostat -kx 1 500 if the disks are at 100% utilization?

I don't know the OMD shinken default conf, but it should not be any differences (timeout asides) for check executions. ESpecially if Nagios is doing well. I never find a case where Shinken is slower than Nagios in pure execution launch But it doesn't mean there is not, and it seems you find one, but I don't really know what mk is doing that make Shinken not happy.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

When you start Shinken in an OMD environment with "omd start", the main config file will be created each time.
    The snippets in etc/shinken/shinken.d will be merged to tmp/shinken/shinken.cfg which is the file read by the arbiter.
    In order to make permanent changes which will not be overwritten at every start, you have to edit one of the files in etc/shinken/shinken.d.
    I propose you add service_check_timeout=60 to etc/shinken/shinken.d/misc.cfg

Gerhard

p.s. meanwhile this parameter is 60 by default, but the Shinken release which is part of omd 0.48 has the old default value of 10.

[quote author=lausser link=topic=18.msg127#msg127 date=1308662065]
    When you start Shinken in an OMD environment with "omd start", the main config file will be created each time.
    The snippets in etc/shinken/shinken.d will be merged to tmp/shinken/shinken.cfg which is the file read by the arbiter.
    In order to make permanent changes which will not be overwritten at every start, you have to edit one of the files in etc/shinken/shinken.d.
    I propose you add service_check_timeout=60 to etc/shinken/shinken.d/misc.cfg

Gerhard

p.s. meanwhile this parameter is 60 by default, but the Shinken release which is part of omd 0.48 has the old default value of 10.
    [/quote]

Thanks Gerhard, this was the missing part of the puzzle. Obviously editing nagios.cfg was the wrong file. After editing the correct file things look much better! So we can proceed with our super-duper distributed shinken Setup ;D

Shinken project leader

You mean the problem was indeed the service timeout? ???

That's great if now it just work :-*
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Hi Maik,
    next monday (27.6.) we have our monthly nagios stammtisch. We meet 18:00 at ConSol, Franziskanerstra▀e 38 and usually go to franziskanerinder-au.de
    Would be nice if you could join us.
    Gerhard

[quote author=lausser link=topic=18.msg131#msg131 date=1308912396]
    Hi Maik,
    next monday (27.6.) we have our monthly nagios stammtisch. We meet 18:00 at ConSol, Franziskanerstra▀e 38 and usually go to franziskanerinder-au.de
    Would be nice if you could join us.
    Gerhard
    [/quote]

Hi Gerhard,

thanks for the reminder - I will join, but definetely not today, as I am pretty busy these days - partly work related and also because this weekend is our "Sommerfest" at my Soccer Club, and I am involved in a couple of things there...

Kind Regards
    Maik

xbox lover can play xbox live without any charge go here https://freexboxlive.xyz/ and get free xbox gold membership.