Thread: Multiple schedulers in the same realm : checks are reschuled when the conf is reloade

Hybrid View

Multiple schedulers in the same realm : checks are reschuled when the conf is reloade

Hi there,
    I have a single realm in which I want to use several schedulers - each one in a separate host - for the load balancing feature.
    The arbiter correctly dispatches packs among my N schedulers but when I reload my conf, a lot of service & host checks are reschudeled.
    I guess the packs are dispatched to schedulers in a different way each time the arbiter reloads its conf.
    It seem it used to have a pack_distribution file used by the arbiter in previous versions of shinken. From what I've seen, this file is not used anymore.
    Do I have to use a shared retention thing between my schedulers to avoid them to reschedule checks ? Did I miss something ?
    Thanks.

checks are rescheduled when the conf is reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ffritz View Post
    Do I have to use a shared retention thing between my schedulers to avoid them to reschedule checks ? Did I miss something ?
    Thanks.
    Replying to myself:
    Yes you need a shared retention thing such as memcached or mongodb.
    It's written int the documention : http://shinkenlab.io/online-course-4-high-availability/
    Thx.

Multiple schedulers in the same realm checks are reschuled when the conf is reloade

Hey guys, we sure like your monitoring solution, but how to I assure that my tests are reliable when the web pages Im monitoring change all the time?