Thread: Install centreon

Install centreon

hi,

i don't know how to install centreon without nagios installed before :'(

could you help me please ?

i have just installed shinken(0.6) & thruck(1.0.3)

the install of centreon wait for me the path of nagios ........

i don't know to go thrue ...... >

thanks

Renaud

Re: Install centreon

Hi,

You have two choice.
    First install nagios...
    And the second, you can create fake path/file to trick the installation process of centreon.

Bye

Shinken project leader

Yes, from now there is not a good Shinken support from Centreon :'(

I hope it will be better in the next versions, but I think the best way is just to ask Centreon guys after all
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

hi,

thanks a lot for your ansers

i want run centreon without nagios ...... so i ask centreon guys

bye

Hi, did you have any luck?

I'm in the same situation.

Surely, someone tried it without Nagios?

== John ==

Hi,

I'm in the same situation too.
    It's really annoying to have to install nagios first.

I have a shinken working fine but i want to use it with centreon.
    I could'nt find nowhere a documentation about the whole process of integrating shinken with centreon.

It should be fully supported now. In the centreon's options you can choose the "centreon engine" but there's a lot of settings nagios dependent..

If somebody has managed to get a centreon working with all the options pointing to shinken directories (/usr/lib/shinken, /var/lib/shinken, /etc/shinken, /var/log/shinken ... for example), could he please help me ?

Another problem : In the debian-like distros, when i try to remove nagios, it removes ndoutils as dependence...

Is there a full documentation of centreon and shinken installation please ?

In advance, thanks for your help.

By the way, congratulations the shinken documentation is really interesting and complete.

Regards,
    Sam

Administrator

Hi,

I don't know a lot of things about Centreon but I don't think there is a documentation for now.

For my own, I had to install Shinken in Nagios path (and with nagios user) to make my stuff work. (This "stuff" was based on Centreon but quite modified). Did you tried this way?
    If you want some help to install Shinken in a specfic directory I think a can help you guyz

For Centreon specific things i can't

Thanks Seb-solon.
    I indeed managed to get shinken working with centreon but the problem is that we have to use a trick (a lot of options that depend of nagios). I'll ask in the centreon forum how to use a different engine and let you know their answer.

Below the answer i've got from naparuba (thanks) :

Hi,

We are saying that there is a patch in progress for Centreon 2.4 that will allow 'hard coded' parameter, and so use new shinken parameter like criticity or escalations easily. But don't exect a full Shinken support from now, it's still not fully integrated in Centreon.

By the way, mixing Nagios and Shinken in the same Centreon can be a problem I think. You can have problem with mixing data in database (nagios overwrite Shinekn tables, so Nagios should be start before Shinken, always).
    Anyway, i've made up my mind following that topic : http://www.shinken-monitoring.org/fo...opic,62.0.html
    I'm not a centreon addict (actually i don't like it, it's my own point of vue), i trust in the shinken dev team thus i'll wait for the coming new Web UI.