Thread: Downtimes and Centreon

Downtimes and Centreon

Hi,

We have succesfully installed Centreon and plugged Shinken as supervision engine.

We have imported configuration files and imported all the objects in centreon.

But now we have some issues with downtimes. I think this is due to the fact that Centreon tries to read in a downtime.log that Shinken doesn't uses.

To confirm this, I switched in debug mode and I could find evidence that the external command had been correctly processed in nagios.log and in scheduler-debug.log. WebUI also correctly displays the downtime.

Is there a solution to this issue?

Shinken project leader

Re: Downtimes and Centreon

I think Centreon try to read them in NDO, and they should not be add in this modules I think
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

I saw reference to something like downtimes.log if threads about centreon/nagios, but from what I gather from your message this is not the case anymore.

I'm not sure I understand the last part of your answer though "and they should not be add in this modules I think". Do you mean that Shinken doesn't WRITE in the correct tables or that Centreon doesn't READ where Shinken is writing?

[Edit]
    From a Centreon/Nagios, I indeed saw that there are tables that are filled when creating a downtime, especially nagios_downtimehistory and nagios_scheduleddowntime in centstatus

Those lines seem absent in our Centreon/Shinken installation. So it would seem that you meant "this function is not present in Ndo Shinken module"

Can you tell us if something can be done for this? We just need to decide if we have to postpone our migration to Shinken/Centreon
    [/Edit]

Sorry to post again, but could you confirm my analysis of the problem : I think shinken NDO module is indeed not writing the downtimes in the tables centreon is trying to read, that is to say nagios_downtimehistory and nagios_scheduleddowntime?

Shinken project leader

Oups sorry I forgot this post.

Yes, I think it's that.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Is there a way to update the downtimes using the Centreon NDO?

I think we are missing very valuable information without this feature.

Thank you.

Shinken project leader

Still not implemented sorry. I think using Shinken + Centreon is not a very good mix. Maybe you should look at centreon broker instead? Lot of Shinken features are missing with Centreon.

[quote author=naparuba link=topic=229.msg3279#msg3279 date=1348584244]
    Still not implemented sorry. I think using Shinken + Centreon is not a very good mix. Maybe you should look at centreon broker instead? Lot of Shinken features are missing with Centreon.
    [/quote]

The feature I need the most (high availability, great performance, multi-side using Realms/poller_tags) are not on Centreon Broker, thus that's just not an option.

What kind of modification is needed to make NDO aware of downtimes? Is there any pre-documentation on it so that maybe one of us could propose a patch?

Thanks

I am also interested, I will take a look on the ndo database schema when I finish building my dev environment.

Shinken project leader

The patch workflow is :
    * look in the scheduler to raise a "brok" object when we create a downtime (I am not sure one is already raised), like an initial_downtime_status brok, and just put in in the queue
    * just add a new hook in the ndo module like hook_initial_downtime_status_brok function (just copy paste an other one) and insert the downtime data into the database.

But remember that with Centreon, you will not have a way to use the Shinken business_impact feature for visualisation