Thread: create_reversed_list not defined

Exclamation create_reversed_list not defined

Hello,

I am making a fresh install of Shinken using "pip install", I have just configure WebUI, "nmap" and "vmware" to discover my network.

As root or as shinken user when I try shinken-dicovery -c /etc/shinken/discovery/discovery.cfg -o /etc/shinken/object/discovery/ -r nmap, I have :

Macros []
    Got macros []
    [1421837724] WARNING: [Shinken] There is no arbiter, I add one in localhost:7770
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/shinken-discovery", line 144, in <module>
    d = DiscoveryManager(cfg_input, macros, overwrite, runners, output_dir=output_dir, dbmod=dbmod, backend=backend, modules_path=modules_path, merge=merge)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/shinken/discovery/discoverymanager.py", line 344, in __init__
    self.conf.create_reversed_list()
    AttributeError: 'Config' object has no attribute 'create_reversed_list'
    I find created_reversed_list in /usr/lib.python2.6/site-packages/shinken and I just found a call in ./discovery/discoverymanager.py.

Google, shinken's forum and Shinken's wiki can't help me

Best regards,

BackFromHell

Shinken project leader
    Which shinken version is it? 2.0 or 2.2?
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

I am having a similar issue, fresh install, testing for discovery and monitoring of our VMware infrastructure.

The discovery manager errors out guessing a lot of properties, and then proceeds with the same traceback. Here is an excerpt:

Code:
    discoverymanger
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $VCENTERPASSWORD$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $NMAPTARGETS$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $NAGIOSPLUGINSDIR$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $DOMAINUSER$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property cfg_file type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property cfg_dir type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $SNMPCOMMUNITYREAD$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $PLUGINSDIR$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $NMAPMINRATE$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $DOMAINUSERSHORT$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $LDAPBASE$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $VCENTER$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $SSH_KEY_PASSPHRASE$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $MYSQLUSER$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property http_backend type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $MYSQLPASSWORD$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $SSH_PORT$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $DOMAIN$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $WMI_INI_DIR$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $VCENTERSESSION$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $VCENTERLOGIN$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $SSH_KEY$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $DOMAINPASSWORD$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $SSH_USER$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309955] WARNING: [Shinken] Guessing the property $NMAPMAXRETRIES$ type because it is not in Config object properties
    [1422309956] WARNING: [Shinken] There is no arbiter, I add one in localhost:7770
      File "/usr/bin/shinken-discovery", line 146, in <module>
        d = DiscoveryManager(cfg_input, macros, overwrite, runners, output_dir=output_dir, dbmod=dbmod, backend=backend, modules_path=modules_path, merge=merge)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/shinken/discovery/discoverymanager.py", line 344, in __init__
    I have not yet tried to utilize an older version of Shinken, and the platform I am on is Centos 6.6, 64 bit;

Code:
    [root@shinken modules]# uname -a
    Linux shinken 2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 01:55:02 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[root@shinken modules]# shinken --version
    shinken 2.2-RC1

I fixed most the properties with adjusting the discovery.cfg to the proper value, leaving me with:

Code:
    [root@shinken vcenter]# shinken-discovery -c /etc/shinken/packs/vmware/vcenter/discovery.cfg -o /etc/shinken/discovery/  -r vsphere
    Macros []
    Got macros []
    discoverymanger
    [1422311358] WARNING: [Shinken] There is no arbiter, I add one in localhost:7770
      File "/usr/bin/shinken-discovery", line 146, in <module>
    [root@shinken vcenter]#

Quote Originally Posted by naparuba View Post
    Which shinken version is it? 2.0 or 2.2?
    It's a version 2.2, installed on a Oracle Linux Server release 6.6 with python 2.6.6.
    I used pip to install Shinken.
    Last edited by Frescha; 02-03-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: missing quote tag

Hello!

I think that the problem was in this commit.

The function create_reversed_list was delete, but is still present at discoverymanager.py.
    The same thing happens with the remove_twins function.

To test it i comment the call to this two functions and execute the shinken-discovery again.

Also i have to comment the call to pythonize, but i can't find where it was delete.

This is not a solution, the discovery doesn't write the objects hosts

Yes it work thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by krahser View Post
    Hello!

I think that the problem was in this commit.

The function create_reversed_list was delete, but is still present at discoverymanager.py.
    The same thing happens with the remove_twins function.

To test it i comment the call to this two functions and execute the shinken-discovery again.

Also i have to comment the call to pythonize, but i can't find where it was delete.

This is not a solution, the discovery doesn't write the objects hosts