Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Suppression d'un dossier automatique

Hybrid View

[RESOLVED] Suppression d'un dossier automatique

Bonjour,

J'ai effectué l'installation par le script automatique et à chaque redémarrage, le dossier /var/run/shinken se supprime...

Du coup, j'ai essayé l'installation manuelle et j'ai le même souci... J'ai cherché sur le net et j'ai rien trouvé mais du coup, les scripts dans /etc/init.d/ ne peuvent plus démarrer...

Merci pour votre aide.
    Orygynz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I performed the installation with the automatic script and if i restart, every time, the file /var/run/Shinken is removed by the system ... :-[

So, I tried the manual installation and I have the same problem... I searched on the net and I found nothing, the scripts in /etc/init.d/ cannot start ...

Thank you for your help.
    Orygynz
    Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS on ESXi 4.1
    Shinken 0.8.5

Shinken project leader

Re: Suppression d'un dossier automatique

Arg, again this Ubuntu behavior....

Can you update with a 0.8.5 version, there is a fix to recreate the directory if need (download the 0.8.5 tag version at https://github.com/naparuba/shinken).

When you say "automatic script", it's nicolargo one or the shinken.sh one?
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Yes, the script of nicolargo.

I will try the version 0.8.5.

Thanks
    Shinken 0.8.5

Shinken project leader

In the 0.8.5 version, you will find a shinken.sh in contrib/alternative-installation directory, it will be the new way for setup shinken and will replace the setup.py way, so it's maybe better to use it from now
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

So i install shinken with the automatic script : https://github.com/nicolargo/shinkenautoinstall/ (age : 1 days ago)

Or i install manually with the shinken.sh ?

Thanks
    Shinken 0.8.5

Shinken project leader

We are trying to convince nicolargo to change from setup.py to shinken.sh in fact, so in some weeks maybe both will be the same

From now if you want the lastest version, it's the shinken.sh one.

So, i have installed shinken-0.8.5 and its work ! I can reboot the virtual machine and shinken starts without problem.

Maybe my question is stupid but i can use only shinken or nagiosplugins and thruk must be installed ? Because many of procedure on the net install thruk and nagiosplugs

Thanks.
    Shinken 0.8.5

Administrator

Yes of course! I don't use Thruk and I've only very few plugins installed. I only use my shinken to hunt bug or test new stuff

Ok, good !

With the new version (0.8.5), now, i don't have a folder in /var/run/, it's normal !?

Thanks.
    orygynz
    Shinken 0.8.5

Shinken project leader

And are the daemons working? :