Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] maintenance_period time periods take only the first slot of each day

Shinken project leader

Re: [RESOLVED] maintenance_period time periods take only the first slot of each day

Yes, sounds very very strange, but it's definitively a bug

I'll try to reproduce a multi-day/multi-timerange test case.
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Re: [RESOLVED] maintenance_period time periods take only the first slot of each day

Should the patch be ok, but the behavior not changed because of retentions as this timeperiod keep is name and I only restarted the arbiter when inverted the slots ? I think I have made a full restart after applying the patch (but did not remove the retention files)

Shinken project leader

I don't think so. Timeperiods objects are full new and now saved in downtime objects, and downtimes objects are created/destroyed when start/stop (maintenance periods is just creating new downtimes in fact). So unless it's a no impact thing for you, let's try to avoid to delete retention data
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Shinken project leader

You definition with monday AND tuesday show a flaw in the timeperiod logic. I add a test case and a fix (https://github.com/naparuba/shinken/...5b5798c304b251) that catch this cases:

compute for next valid date :
    * monday 15:00:00 -> monday 21:30:00
    * monday 00:00:00 -> monday 00:00:00
    This should be ok for stop/start downtime cases. In fact the previous patch was right for one, but not the other, and the previous version was the opposite

I catch this differences, and call the good one

Let's see if it's ok now

Let's try it immediately

I saw in the livestatus help page from check_mk that they add in 1.1.9i3 the logs of timeperiods transitions, it may be a good idea to implement this :

at start:
    Code:
    [1293030953] TIMEPERIOD TRANSITION: 24x7;-1;1
    [1293030953] TIMEPERIOD TRANSITION: none;-1;0
    [1293030953] TIMEPERIOD TRANSITION: workhours;-1;1
    at transition:
    Code:
    [1293066460] TIMEPERIOD TRANSITION: workhours;1;0

Shinken project leader

Sounds useful

I add it in the github tickets

No changes, I can’t have it working
    Will try a workaround today, I will define my tp as 24x7 create a tp with 07:00-21:30 every day and exclude it

Administrator

(Seems that the problem is not solve, I change the topic name )

Shinken project leader

Re: maintenance_period time periods take only the first slot of each day

Arg :'(

I hope the exclude will work, but I'll add this downtime in my dev server with a full debug output, I hope I'll catch the problem

Re: maintenance_period time periods take only the first slot of each day

was worst with the exclude, I had no downtimes at all this night.