Thread: PNP and Realms

PNP and Realms

Hello together,

I have a little issue of understanding working PNP with realms.

I have a installation of two shinken server. One is in the realm "intern" and is the Master-Arbiter, the receiver, the reactioner. The other server is in the realm "training" and both have there own scheduler, poller and broker.
    On the intern shinken I use thruk as webinterface and it gets his data from the livestatus of both shinken servers. All works fine.

Now I want to implement pnp4nagios an the installation works fine, too.

Of course I only got graphs for the "intern" realm, now I'm confused. How do I get PNP and the "training" together?
    Should I install PNP on the training shinken too or how PNP gets the data from the other realm?

I need a tip, or two

Shinken project leader

Re: PNP and Realms

Pnp is only on a single server, and that's its main problem I think. You can setup a higher realm with a broker and just pnp on it, so you will have both realm perfdata and so the pnp on it will have all graphs.

But beware, with large numbers of hosts, rrdtool will crush your disks with too much I/O
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Hello,

I played a little bit and I found this blog, where he writes the perfdumps via NFS to the master.
    http://lkco.gezen.fr/2014/02/18/inst...-local-nagios/
    This works realy fine, but I think, its very I/O heavy too.

Now I tried another approach. Now both servers got there own PNP and I sync the perfdata (xml and rrd files) every 5 minutes to the master. So I see the graph in the Thruk interface. The are not 100% up to date, but the values are. So I can live with this.

Shinken project leader

And the rsync phase is not too long? Interesting idea
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution