Thread: Shinken 2.0RC - can't authorise on login page. 'Module cfg-password not found'

Shinken 2.0RC - can't authorise on login page. 'Module cfg-password not found'

Hi.

I have tried both Apache_passwd and Cfg_password as modules for webui, and can't log in. If I defeat the authorisation check in plugins/login/login.py, I can log in.

This is a clean installation from 2.0RC plus

$ shinken install webui

I think the key is the messages in brokerd.log coming from modules manager.py:

Warning : The module type cfg-password for Cfg_password was not found in modules!

or

Warning : The module type passwd-webui for Apache_passwd was not found in modules!

So obviously the module type is wrong for 2.0. What should it be?

[tt]define module {
    module_name Cfg_password
    module_type cfg_password
    }

define module {
    module_name Apache_passwd
    module_type passwd_webui
    passwd /etc/shinken/htpasswd
    }[/tt]

I also can't see where the name is changed from cfg_password in the module definition to cfg-password in the error message. That itself is very confusing as it makes you think you have entered it wrong.

Regards.

Re: Shinken 2.0RC - can't authorise on login page. 'Module cfg-password not found'

AAARGH!

After two days on this problem and 5 minutes after posting this thread I have found the answer in another thread.

You need to

$ shinken install auth-cfg-password

There was nothing that gave any clue as to the fact that this was necessary. The sooner the documentation is updated or made available for 2.0 the better.