Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Distributed setup with central broker and several satellites sched/poll

Re: Distributed setup with central broker and several satellites sched/poll

Hi,

Any news on advancement on the "failback" feature for the satellites ?
    Indeed, the fact that satellites schedulers are not reverted back to normal when they're coming back from a down period is really a problem.
    Each time you get a satellite's scheduler off, the "higher" spare scheduler does its job and takes control. But when the distant scheduler comes back to life, nothing happens. Then you have to restart the whole shinken to get the schedulers resume their normal work until the next problem.
    I'm not bitching or anything, but I don't think restarting the processes each time a problem occurs with some satellite's connection is a good monitoring infrastructure behavior.

I'd just like things to get red and send notifications when they're down and get back green and resume their normal operations when they get back to normal state.

Well it's at least what I'm thinking (not very valuable anyway)... maybe I'm missing some point somewhere...
    I don't want to claim and complain and I understand (quite) the difficulty of implementing this feature but it's really necessary to get a real HA infrastructure, hence a real production oriented software...

Shinken project leader

Re: Distributed setup with central broker and several satellites sched/poll

Hi,

no problem

But no sorry, we are quite busy with the configuration UI from now, so it will wait for the next release if we don't have more dev power available
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Resume writing service

Looking for the ideal job? With huge office, high salary and paid vacation. Then you probably plan pay for professional resume. Visit Resume101.org Our professionals help you find job you dream.