Thread: Distributed config : is my config ok ?

elesouef

Distributed config : is my config ok ?

Hi.

Following a chat with @naparuba, I try to configure a distributed monitoring with shinken.

My goal is to monitor several sites (76). 75 of them are remote.

I'm planning to create 2 servers on the main site (the only one that isn't remote, let's call it "central&quot. And one server on each remote site (let's call one "remote" for example).

The architecture, in my opinion will be the following :

• [li]Server 1 (site central) : 1 arbiter (to keep the configuration on this place), 1 broker (as I would like to have check_mk on this server with the aggregated view of all the 76 sites, which mean Livestatus on it), 1 reactionner (as I would like to send the email alerts from the central site)[/li]
      [li]Server 2 (site central) : 1 poller and 1 scheduler[/li]
      [li]Server 3 (site remote) : 1 poller and 1 scheduler[/li]

Am I right in my understanding of shinken services ?

Do you aggree that Livestatus is "started" by Shinken-Broker ?

For this configuration, I think I'll use realms.

There will be a World realm that contains "central" and "remote".

Is it ok ?

Thanks for you advices.

Shinken project leader

Re: Distributed config : is my config ok ?

Yes, but not for the realms. You need to put the broker in the realm of the higher level, so here World. It doesn't change your physical architecture, only the broker configuration
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

elesouef

Forgot to say that the broker will have :
    Code:
    realm World
    No problem to have the broker on the same host as the arbiter and the reactioner ?

Shinken project leader

Nop at all, it's totally independant, you can put all in the same box if you want
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

elesouef

Cool. The only goal to have services separated is to distribute the load on 2 servers.

Thanks for your advices, naparuba

Hi all,

Im looking for same kind of architecture. Actually, i install Shinken with a "master VM" and a "probe VM" on each site. In first version, i would have on master VM : arbiter, reactionner, broker, sheduler and on probe VM i would have just poller in passive mode. Passive mode is very interesting to deploy probe anywhere. Master VM is in All realm and probe VM have a dedicated realm.

After first tests, we need to have scheduler in each subrealm, ok. So, we install scheduler on probe VM. But scheduler initiate a connection to broker, my network team dosen't like this ;D ;D Scheduler have a passive mode like poller ? Or, how i can use same scheduler for multiple sub realm ?

Best regards, Gamb.