Thread: [RESOLVED] business_impact over realm

[RESOLVED] business_impact over realm

Hi,

Funny case ;D

some information:

I install shinken for a client with two datacenter. I use 3 shinken servers. One on a small datacenter, two on the second. I use tree realms, one global and one by datacenter. arbiter and the spare are on each DC outside the global realm with mongodb. All the discover and link dependency are automatic with vmware, Xenserver and nedi (for switch and physical machines). Now i try to configure the impact part.

So two postfix smtp servers in load balancing (cisco ace), one on each DC, if i cconfigure a bp_rule for this, i have a error from arbiter saying than i use more than one realm. if i change the realm of one postfix, the error come from link dependancy, it's say than my postfix wasn't in the same realm than is hypervisor. The only way i found it's to remove the depandency between the postfix and the hypervisor, but it's not fun ;D

It is possible to do that or it's wasn't (by disign like say bilou)

@++

ps: Shinken + nedi + puppet + cloudstack + vmware + xenserver = happy sysadmin :-*
    Un utilisateur pret Ó sacrifier un peu de liberte pour un peu de simplicite ne merite ni l'un ni l'autre, et finit par perdre les deux. Denis Bodor

Shinken project leader

Re: business_impact over realm

No sorry, realm are stronly separated elements form a dependency/bp_rule point of view. That's they main capability, because it alow schedulers to run totally separated and so don't lock/wait each others.

You can use Thruk to do a UI level bp_rule like view
    No direct support by personal message. Please open a thread so everyone can see the solution

Re: business_impact over realm

Thx Jean,

Logic, that is what I thought. In the major case, the hosts off a business impact was in the same realm, not much use multi. For these i will add dummy host with no hypervisor link, i think's it do the trick.

@++
    Un utilisateur pret Ó sacrifier un peu de liberte pour un peu de simplicite ne merite ni l'un ni l'autre, et finit par perdre les deux. Denis Bodor